05 February 2017

A Prayer for Mother & Ave Regina Cælorum

+
Madonna and Child • Marianne Stokes, 1855-1927

Lord Jesus, Thou hast known a mother's love and tender care, and Thou wilt hear while for my own mother most dear I make this Sabbath prayer.  Protect her life, I pray, who gave the gift of life to me ; and may she know from day to day, the deepening glow of joy that comes from Thee. I cannot pay my debt for all the love that she has given ; but Thou, Love's Lord, wilt not forget her due reward—Bless her in earth and heaven. Amen.

Henry Van Dyke

Song and Service Book
for Ship and Field
Army and Navy

A.S. Barnes and Company
New York, 1941


Madonna and Child • Marianne Stokes, 1855-1927




Ave, Regina Coelorum (Philip WJ Stopford, composer)
Salt Lake Vocal Artists
Dr Brady Allred, director


Ave, Regina Cælorum

Ave, Regina caelorum,
Ave, Domina Angelorum:
Salve, radix, salve, porta
Ex qua mundo lux est orta:

Gaude, Virgo gloriosa,
Super omnes speciosa,
Vale, o valde decora,
Et pro nobis Christum exora.

V. Dignare me laudare te, Virgo sacrata.
R. Da mihi virtutem contra hostes tuos.

Oremus.
Concede, misericors Deus, fragilitati nostrae praesidium: 
ut, qui sanctae Dei Genitricis memoriam agimus; 
intercessionis eius auxilio, a nostris iniquitatibus resurgamus. 
Per eundem Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.