08 March 2017

Daily Prayer of St Edmund the Martyr

+

     Into Thy hands, O Lord, 
     and into the hands of Thy holy Angels, 
     I commit and entrust this day my soul, 
     my relations, my benefactors, 
     my friends and enemies, 
     and all Thy Catholic people. 
     Keep us, O Lord, through the day, 
     by the merits and intercession 
     of the Blessed Virgin Mary and all Thy Saints, 
     from all vicious and unruly desires, 
     from all sins and temptations of the devil, 
     and from sudden and unprovided death 
     and the pains of hell. 
     Illuminate my heart 
     with the grace of Thy Holy Spirit; 
     grant that I may ever be obedient 
     to Thy commandments; 
     suffer me not to be separated from Thee, O God, 
     who livest and reignest 
     with God the Father 
     and the same Holy Spirit 
     for ever and ever. Amen.

St. Edmund the Martyr

The Raccolta
1957

That we may be delivered from every sling and arrow,
St. Edmund, pray for us.

+