18 November 2015

Stroke Update

+

I could give a lengthy and remarkable analysis of my brain and how it functions.  The good news is that it functions for now (and I shall spare one and all the lengthy analysis).

There is an area located in the midst of what doctors believe is the speech centre of the right hemisphere of the brain.  That is where the problem is this time.  I was warned to stay vigilant on my blood-thinning protocol and to reduce "my stress".  (Lovely. "You've had a stroke. Now don't stress about it.")

The grace of God in this is that I am not 'stressing' over this.  Inside I feel quite happy and at peace.  I have had a spiritual experience of the nearness of God the Father I have never quite felt before.  An overwhelming experience.  And off and on I have the most amazing experience of the nearness of the Blessed Trinity as if they are seated around me and I am being held in the Blessed Mother's arms.  Whether vision or dream or the true reality breaking in to my situation I do not know, but I have been plunged into and overwhelmed with love, the love of God washing over me like waves passing or crashing onto the seashore.

The Lord is good to those who trust in Him.  Very few of us spend enough time to get to know Him so that in difficult times we turn to despair instead of turning our focus to see where the Lord is in the midst of it.  

We of our own cannot make out how God shall have the victory in the midst of warfare, bombs falling, terrorists blowing themselves up for the sake of a god that does not exist.  But as Our Beloved Lord Jesus Christ told the sainted Mother St. Julian of Norwich, "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well." This is Truth.

As a dearest friend reminded me (by way of the sacred Scripture), you and I shall overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the testimony of our lips.  Indeed, this is the greatest truth.  I have been washed and cleansed by the blood of that little lamb of God slain from before the foundation of the world, and in the resurrected power of that Precious Blood I proclaim that God is Love, and Love has a Name, and that holy Name is JESUS.

And in the Holy Name of Jesus ... ALL shall be well, and ALL shall be WELL, and ALL MANNER OF THING SHALL BE WELL. Amen and Amen.

+