21 January 2017

Orthodox Christian Canon to the Guardian Angel

+

Canon to the Guardian Angel

Holy Angel of the Lord, my Guardian, pray to God for me a sinner!

I have laid all my thoughts and my soul before you, my Guardian. Deliver me from every assault of the Enemy.


Holy Angel of the Lord, my Guardian, pray to God for me a sinner!

The Enemy humiliates and oppresses me and teaches me always to do his will. But you, my Instructor, leave me not to perish!

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Grant me with thanksgiving and fervour to sing a hymn to my Creator and God and to you my good Guardian Angel. Free me from my oppressive enemies, O my Deliverer.

Now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Heal, Most Pure One, the most painful wounds of my soul and drive off the enemies that are constantly warring against me.

Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy! Lord have mercy!

Sessional Hymn, Tone 6
I think of the Dread Day and weep over my evil deeds. How shall I answer the immortal King? Or how shall a prodigal like me dare to look up at the judge? O Compassionate Father, only-begotten Son, and Holy Spirit: have mercy on me!

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.

Sessional Hymn, Tone 2
In fervent love I cry to you, O Guardian of my soul, my all-holy Angel: protect me and keep me always from the entrapment of the evil one. Direct me to the heavenly life, enlightening, illumining, and strengthening me.

Now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.


Kontakion, Tone 6
Steadfast protectress of Christians, constant advocate before the Creator: do not despise the cry of us sinners, but in your goodness come speedily to help us who call on you in faith. Hasten to hear our petition and to intercede for us, O Theotokos, for you always protect those who honour you.


ODE 4
Irmos:


“Christ is my strength, my God and my Lord”  — the sacred Church reverently sings with a with a mighty voice, rejoicing in the Lord.


Orthodox Daily Prayers
St. Tikhon's Seminary Press
1982
pp. 95-98


Holy Angel of the Lord, my Guardian, deliver me from every assault of the Enemy.