15 June 2012

Prayer from the Heart

Vincent Uher
+
Heart of Jesus, torn by the spear,
have mercy on me, a miserable offender.

Chalice of the Fire of Heaven,  I can see no shepherd to guide me to the Living Water I need.  I am alone among the rocks.  I have come to grief and trouble.  Shield me from despair.  Can anyone be trusted?  Oh Heart of Jesus, have mercy upon me.

Manger of Divine Mercy, I have no place to lay my head, no house to call my own, all of my own have fled and I have come to grief and trouble.  Though I am beastly may I please find a place to rest in the manger of Thy Heart.  Oh Heart of Jesus, have mercy upon me.

Furnace of Divine Love, I am out of love for my fellow man.  Please give me Thy love with which to love them and in loving them love Thee.  Oh Heart of Jesus, have mercy upon me, have mercy upon me. Lord, save me in this day of trouble.  Master, save me from despair.

Heart of Jesus, torn by the spear,
have mercy on me, a miserable offender.

Thou, Lord only, Thou alone art worthy of trust.  Thou alone art the Good Shepherd of Thy Sheep.  Thou alone wouldst leave Thy flock to seek me out.  Thou alone wouldst carry me home with broken legs upon Thy shoulders.  Though friends flee, Thou art my true Friend.  Thou alone art my reason and my hope.  Thou alone art my Lord and my God.

In the midst of the Temple I shall praise thee.  Thou hast saved me and set me upon a rock that is higher than I.  Thou hast come down to the Pit so that I should never be without Thee.  Thou hast lifted me up. Thou hast carried me.  Thou hast given me the wings of morning to fly up unto Thee.  Thou hast opened Heaven's Gate and received me.

Thou hast returned me to the fallen earth, but Thou hast kept my feet from stumbling.  Thou hast revealed Thy Truth, and by Thy Light thou guidest me.  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death in the land of the living, Thou art beside me.  Though I be compassed about with the armies of Babylon and the traitors in Thy courts, I shall not be moved for Thou art my Rock and my Peace.

Heart of Jesus, torn by the spear,
have mercy on me, a miserable offender.

Smith: Sacred Heart of Jesus
Have mercy, Lord, upon them that hate me.  Have mercy upon them that have abandoned me.  Have mercy upon them that hurt me and them that I have harmed.  Have mercy upon them against whom in my hurt I have raged.  Oh let me not be numbered with the nations who imagine a vain thing.  Keep me mindful of how low I am in Thy sight but how dearly loved within thine all-fiery Heart.  

Take up into Thine arms all who curse me and lay waste to my name : raise them up to the Innermost of Thy Heart where I am not worthy to tread.  Bless them and lead them to far greater holiness than I could imagine within thy limitless Heart, provided that I may grow as holy as Thou desirest for me to be, for Thou Lord art holy.

HOLY, HOLY, HOLY Lord God of Sabaoth:
heaven and earth overflow with the Majesty of Thy Glory.
Hosanna in the highest.

Heart of Jesus, torn by the spear,
have mercy on me, a miserable offender.

+Christe eleison imas.