29 September 2018

The Church in Crisis ... St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.

+

Few people I know outside the Roman Catholic Church understand what an incredibly gut-wrenching time this is for those who feel betrayed by the Episcopate of the Church worldwide.


From the article I share the following quotation from my friend the theologian Dawn Eden Goldstein,

" "I realized if every human believed and practiced what the Catholic Church teaches about human dignity," she said in response to Carr's question of why she would join such a wounded church, "I wouldn't have suffered abuse; no one would suffer abuse." "

On this feast day of the Holy Archangels and Angels, I can only offer a prayer we should be saying daily especially at the end of every Holy Mass:

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.