09 October 2015

Uher Hymn: O Christ the King, the Royal Banners Rise

.

With a beautiful tune by Noel Jones  entitled 'GALVESTON ISLAND' (the location where I wrote this hymn text and my home for many a year), the hymn "O Christ the King, the Royal Banners Rise" has proven to be a very versatile text for use during the church year. 

The text was written in Thanksgiving for the Revd Fr James T. Moore, PhD and his priesthood.  Father Moore was the founding pastor of Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Church - Anglican Use, Houston, Texas.  Now in his retirement Father Moore remains dearly loved by his former congregation.  I remain deeply grateful to him for his warm welcome when I arrived at his door like a bedraggled, ship-wrecked castaway.

The image below is linked to a PDF of the hymn located on the CMAA's MusicaSacra.com website.  As with all of my hymns, I pray that this hymn will be used by many congregations and parishes to praise and glorify Our Living Lord and Saviour.  
+Laus Deo!