13 May 2019

13 May - Feast of Our Lady of Fátima

+


Monday, 13 May, is the Feast of Our Lady of Fátima, and the anniversary of the first apparition of Our Lady Saint Mary the Virgin Mother of God at Fátima in Portugal on the 13th of May A.D. 1917. 


It is also my birthday, and I give thanks to God for granting me the favour of being born on this very significant feast day of the Church.

Before the Blessed Mother appeared to the three shepherd children, an angel appeared to them saying that he was the Angel of Peace.  He taught them to pray the following prayer:

“My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, and do not love You.”

Appearing one more time the Angel of God identified himself as the Guardian Angel of Portugal.  At this visit to the shepherd children the Angel taught them to pray the following prayer:

“Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly, and I offer You the Most Precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He is offended. And by the infinite merits of His most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners.”




Our Lady of Fátima, pray for us
to the Lord of Hosts.



Our Lady, Star of Fátima,
We kneel before thy shrine
To bless thy name, to sing thy praise,
To blend our prayer with tine.
Look down on us, O merciful,
Most loving Virgin blest,
As we recite thy rosary,
Fulfilling thy request.

The enemies of holy Church,
Eternal battle wage;
The floods of sin and wickedness
With endless fury rage;
O Virgin pure, O spotless Maid,
We cry for help to thee;
As we recite thy rosary,
Gain us the victory.







Be sure to visit EWTN's beautiful Fátima Centennial website: LINK




Do not be afraid. I am the Angel of Peace. Pray with me. 

My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love You. 
I ask pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, 
do not hope, and do not love You. 

Pray in this way. 
The hearts of Jesus and Mary are ready to listen to you.
+