19 February 2014

Peace Activists Sentenced

+
From an AP news story:
Sister Megan Rice was sentenced to just under three years in prison, while Greg Boertje-Obed and Michael Walli each received sentences of just over five years. The sentence appeared to be a compromise, less than what the government sought but more than what defense attorneys had hoped for. 
During a hearing that lasted for hours, Rice and her co-defendants said they believe it was a miracle from God that let them penetrate the complex and arrive at the most secure portion of the facility before being detected. 
"I was acting upon my God-given obligation as a follower of Jesus Christ," Walli, 65, said. "I make no apology. I have no sense of remorse or shame. I would do it again."
The full article may be read after clicking upon this link.
+