19 August 2012

Old Maronite Prayer Before Mass

+

beseech thee, O God, cleanse me that I may approach thine holy Altar without stain, for I am an unworthy servant.  I have sinned and transgressed before thee and am not fit to come nigh to thine Altar and thy mysteries.  But mindful of thy loving-kindness and compassion, O Clemency, O Mercy, O thou who lovest men, I implore thee to look with mercy upon me.  Grant that I may keep myself in thy presence, now and at all times ; grant that the grace of thine Holy Spirit may come upon me and wash away my sins.  Sanctify this offering and through it give pardon of faults and remission of sins to those for whom I would pray : to my father and my mother, and to all those living and dead who have been joined with me and have shared my sorrows, and to all the faithful.  Remember them, O Lord, in thy kingdom, and lead them among the saints and the just who have accomplished thy will by their good works ; through the intercession of Our Lady, Mother of Light, of Saint John the Baptist, and of all the Saints.  Amen.
+