The Octave of Prayer
For Christian Unity
|The Chair of Saint Peter|
THE OCTAVE PRAYERS
ANTIPHON: That they all may be one, as Thou, Father, in me and I in Thee; that they also may be one in Us; that the world may believe that Thou hast sent me.
V. I say unto thee, thou art Peter;
R. And upon this rock I will build my Church.
[Here is brought to mind the intention for the day's prayer.]
- January 18: For the return of the "other sheep" to the One Fold of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- January 19: For the return of the Eastern Orthodox Christians to communion with the Apostolic See.
- January 20: For the return of the Anglicans to the authority of the Vicar of Christ.
- January 21: For the return of all Protestants throughout the world to the unity of the Catholic Church.
- January 22: That Christians in America may be one, in union with the Chair of Saint Peter.
- January 23: That lapsed Catholics will return to the Sacraments of the Church.
- January 24: That the Jewish people will be converted to the Catholic Faith.
- January 25: That missionary zeal will conquer the world for Christ.
Let us pray.
O Lord Jesus Christ, who saidst unto Thine Apostles: Peace I leave you, My peace I give to you; regard not our sins, but the faith of Thy Church, and grant unto her that peace and unity which are agreeable to Thy Will; Who livest and reignest ever, one God, world without end. Amen.
+Father Paul Wattson, pray for us to the Lord that all may be one.