23 April 2014

S. George

+
Saint George's Feast Day is transferred from today in Easter Week to the week following Divine Mercy Sunday (Low Sunday).  For those praying the Novena to S. George today is a fine day to invoke the saint and pray that we may be as faithful to Christ as he was and is.

O GOD, who didst grant to Saint George strength and constancy in the various torments which he sustained for our holy faith; we beseech Thee to preserve, through his intercession, our faith from wavering and doubt, so that we may serve Thee with a sincere heart faithfully unto death. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.



Faithful servant of God and invincible martyr, Saint George, you were favored by God with the gift of faith and inflamed with an ardent love of Jesus Christ; you fought valiantly against the dragons of pride, falsehood, and deceit; neither pain, torture, sword or death deterred you from your love of God.

Honorable Saint George, I implore you for the sake of your great love of Jesus to help me by your intercession to overcome the temptations that surround me and to cope bravely with the trials that oppress me. Pray that I will patiently carry any cross that is placed upon my shoulder, and that neither stress, worry, pain or illness will separate me from the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ. 



Valiant champion of the Faith, Saint George, assist me in my combat against evil so I may win the crown promised to those who persevere to the end.

+