31 March 2017

Anglican Patrimony: Propers for the Sacred Heart [Anglican Missal]

From the Propers for the Sacred Heart from the Anglican Missal 
A Manual of Catholic Devotion, pp. 346-348.

COLLECT
O GOD, who hast suffered the Heart of thy Son to be wounded by our sins and in that very Heart hast bestowed on us the abundant riches of thy love: grant that the devout homage of our hearts which we render unto him may of thy mercy be deemed a recompense acceptable in thy sight.  Through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

OFFERTORY
THY rebuke hath broken my heart, I am full of heaviness:  I looked for some to have pity upon me, but there was no man : neither found I any to comfort me.

COMMUNION
ONE of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

POST-COMMUNION
O LORD Jesus Christ, who hast given unto us to taste of the sweetness of thy gracious Heart: kindle in us by these holy mysteries the fire of thy divine charity, that we may learn to despise the joys of earth and to set our affections on things above: Who livest and reignest.

+O Lord, save the World.