03 March 2014

Praying Today

+
We call upon thee, O Lord, during these troubled days, and ask thee to give us an increase of faith and hope, that, in the end, we might come to our everlasting inheritance in thee; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

O God, from whom cometh all holy desires, all good counsels, and all just works, give unto us, thy servants, that peace which the world cannot give, that our hearts may be set to obey thy commandments, and also that we, being defended from the fear of our enemies, may live in peace and quietness; through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.
+